Please refresh the blog once its done loading
.- The Fonts might be sleeping. (Serious!)

Saturday, January 7

I want to write poems...

   I really do not see why i must be wanting to write poems. i know i am not really good at it and have to force myself to write one. But still i want to write poems effortlessly like a couple of them do in my class. I wonder why. Because there are many things i cannot do which a lot of them in my class do so effortlessly and amazingly. Like i cannot play any instrument. There are a couple of guys who play amazingly. I cannot write properly. But, we have amazing writers in my class. One has even got her book published. (its called the 'Apple Elusionist' by Avrina Joslin. Check it out...) Despite this i do not have the strong need to be able to write well or play any instrument well. I am happy with what i can write and also with the fact that i can whistle. (that counts as as instrument, right?) But, with poetry? i dont know, i have this very desperate need to be able to write poems. Touching poems... i wonder why...
   But then, as i kept wondering, it struck my why!!! Because you cannot 'sound' sad by simply writing. To 'sound' sad, you must be good at poetry. I can 'sound' happy by writing a comical story. But, it is realy hard to portray sadness though plain text. (of course, if you are Thomas Hardy or of his likes, you can easily make the readers go into depression)
   I cannot show the world how sad i am if i cannot write a good poem. I simply cannot. So, i thought i must write one. Really good one. And so, Ladies and Gentlemen, i present:

I am Sad

I am sad. Sad,sad,sad.
sad feels so bad.
Bad,bad,bad

I am Broken.very broken.
my heart is taken.
Taken, taken, taken.
(without even a token)

My world is empty. Properly empty.
I've fallen like Humpty-Dumpty
oh, humpty dumpty, humpty dumpty.
(i'm a Brahmin, promise, Aunty) 

I fell like i am living the life of a dream. bad,bad dream.
pour some water on me, or some ice-cream.
but i promise i wont scream. 
(don't actually waste ice-cream. It just rhymes with dream.)

once i wake up, i'll be happy.
 still small and wearing a nappy.
or a hangover really crappy.
(crappy but happy,happy happy)

i'm am really lonely.
Lo Lo Lonely.
it'll pass, surely.
(till then time pass. Rs 5 only)

i am sad. Sad, sad, sad.
Sad feels so bad.
Bad, bad, bad.


Are you crying? aww... thank you so much...(i think i should take up poetry as a profession.) Look oh ruthless world, look!!! i am sad! i can show it! Yes! now go give me back my happiness.

 you promised!





7 comments:

alisha said...

Nitish Bhagath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! only if Mr.Bean would be able to read this, he would be so very proud(and also very very jealous as his toughest competitor has finally arrived into this world of poetry!I am sure he would have already started setting up a trap for you!)All-in-all thumbs up!!!!
Even I feel like writing poetry very bad bad bad,
But sadly I am not sad sad sad
And if i made up being sad sad sad
I would only sound mad mad mad
And that would be very bad bad bad
so I am not going to act mad mad mad
and avoid anything bad bad bad
and that is not at all sad sad sad
but i have ended up writing poetry very bad bad bad
which proves that i m mad mad mad
indeed this is very sad sad sad!!! ;)

Anon said...

I think I need a shower after reading your poem Nitish :O

Nitish said...

Alisha!!!! Simply dont try and steal my lines! i am the one who is mad! not you!

Nitish said...

Savvy- kyun? ice-cream fell on you?? or did you fall on it?

Akshay said...

Dude, I dunno about your sad feelings but there is one thing that's really sad, sad, sad. You still think you are bad at everything you just mentioned whereas in my opinion you're just too good at every one of those things(poetry, instruments, for that matter anything. Name it and I'll tell you how good you actually are at it). But then, there's something about this poem that makes me really happy, happy, happy. You just showed the entire world how good you are at something that you just said you are bad at - writing poetry. Seriously dude, this poem just brought out happiness and grief with equal effect. To just put it simply, I was crying in joy. Bravo dude! Excellent work :)

Nitish said...

Thank you Akshay, it was very good to read your appreciative comment. However, this is my way of rationalising. I cannot write touching poems and so i add lame humour into it. So, while people do not take it seriously, they do not look at it very critically either. Anyway, that was my trade secret...

NNair said...

hey..well i go vd akshay..u cn play and write..i am comparing you to mslf thou..n u definitely r really really good..n yeah the 'brahmin' line was kickass..:D good job good job..:)